Call for proposals for symposia
We invite symposia proposals for the iACOP-IV, which will be held virtually,
November 19-21, 2021.
At this conference, we invite proposals for two symposia under the following conditions.
1. There will be a total of five symposium slots. Three of these are to be organized by JSP, KSOP, and CSOP. Proposals for the remaining two symposia are publicly solicited.
2. Each symposium should be organized by one or two organiser(s) and will contain four (or five) presentations concerning a common topic of interest.
3. The symposium contributors must be from at least two countries.
4. There will be one (or two) chairperson(s) identified for each symposium and this may be one of the presenting authors or a separate individual.
5. The symposium chairperson oversees submitting the symposium title and abstract for the whole symposium. Names and contact details of the suggested speakers and their affiliation must be included (if you need help with speakers, please make a note of this in your submission).
6. Each symposium session will be given a 120-minute block of time in the programme (20 minutes for each presentation and a total of 40 minutes allocated for discussions, for example). Time allocation will be left up to the organizers, taking into account the number of speakers.
Proposals should consist of a single page to include the following:
1. Symposium title
2. Proposed chair and co-chair (incl. name, affiliation and contact information)
3. Brief summary of the topic and what the speakers are expected to address (max 400 words)
4. Suggested speakers (incl. name and affiliation). Speakers do not have to have agreed to participate.
Please send proposals to email@example.com with the subject line “ACOP symposium proposal” by August 31, 2021.
The ACOP local organizing committee will evaluate the submitted proposals. The main criteria will be (1) excellence and timeliness, (2) distinctiveness from other symposia organized by JSP, KSOP and CSOP*, (3) intention, if any, to submit a review, or series of reviews, to Journal of Protistology (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jop/-char/en) based on the symposium.
*Details of these three symposia will be announced after August 1, 2021.
Submissions will be accepted until August 31, 2021 at 5 PM JST. Successful proposals will be announced by September 30th, 2021.